Think Globally. Act Locally.
Friends of the Field Day
The Balingup Small Farm Field Day is an annual event organized and managed by volunteers. With some 10,000 visitors and 350 exhibitors there is much to be done!
As such, we need and value your support! If you are able to lend a hand either before, during or after the event, we would be very grateful. All volunteers are fully covered by the Balingup Progress Association's insurance policy.
These are the tasks where community assistance is greatly appreciated:
Before the Event (February/ March)
• Dressing the scarecrows (7-8 weeks prior)
• Putting the scarecrows up around town (6 weeks prior)
• Annual Stock Take – making sure our gear is ready (5-6 weeks prior)
Lead up to the Event (March/April)
• Painting signs (1-4 weeks prior)
• Marking out the oval for stalls (2-3 days prior)
• Setting up electricity lines (2-3 days prior)
• Setting up car parking areas
• Putting up temporary fencing/ entry gates
On the Day (April 9)
• Assisting awards team to assess stalls
• Join an association manning the gates and join their roster
• Assist with “pull down” (usually done by 7pm)
To register your interest in becoming a 'Friend of the Field Day' and volunteering to help make this year's event a success, please click on and fill out the:
We will advertise upcoming Busy Bees on the home page of this website with full details on this page. You will also be informed of Busy Bees on the bsffd facebook page and the Balingup Community website www.balingup.asn.au Volunteers may also be contacted directly by committee members organizing specific working groups.
Thank you very much for your interest in supporting this wonderful event!
For enquiries regarding volunteering at this year's event, please contact the coordinator of the Field Day Committee, firstname.lastname@example.org
We are always looking to evolve this wonderful event. If you would like to provide any feedback to the committee please send us an email to email@example.com